Cloud-based technology offers health systems a faster and more cost-effective option for deploying population health analytics; Transcend Insights to debut new offering and care management prototype at HIMSS17 within its HealthLogix platform
CAMPBELL, Calif., February 16, 2017 — Transcend Insights®, a health care technology company offering population health management solutions via its HealthLogix® platform, today announced the launch of its next-generation enterprise Analytics-as-a-Service (AaaS) offering. This service is powered by the proven Anvita Engine™, which is optimized for the cloud and available to clients through a flexible, AaaS model. The AaaS offering provides health system executives and care teams a more flexible and cost-efficient way to deploy advanced analytics tools for managing risk and quality performance as part of a population health strategy.
In addition, the Anvita Engine features the use of a Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) application programming interface (API). The FHIR-based interface enables clients to rapidly deploy custom population health management solutions and measurement capabilities extending from the Anvita Engine and in accordance with their unique needs and quality objectives.
Industry studies have found that many care teams feel unprepared for the transition to value-based care. A recent survey of provider organizations conducted by the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) showed that only three percent of respondents believe their organization is highly prepared to make the pay-for-value transition. In addition, research from the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) found that nearly 40 percent of survey respondents did not believe that their organizations currently possess capabilities rated as extremely important to succeed in risk-based value arrangements, such as interoperability, business intelligence and real-time data access.
“As more health care organizations move towards value-based care, having the technology solutions needed to execute is a common pain point, not to mention the time and cost required for implementation,” said Jeff Hawkins, Vice President of Strategic Alliances and Enterprise Solutions at Transcend Insights. “The Anvita Engine’s new flexible AaaS model speeds deployment while leveraging a cost-efficient cloud infrastructure to solve for these challenges and to help organizations accelerate their time to value when implementing a population health strategy.”
Transcend Insights’ Anvita Engine, in addition to its enterprise health information exchange (HIE), data warehouse and FHIR API, are at the core of its plug-and-play platform, HealthLogix. Living above the silos that keep people and information apart, the company’s technology platform connects care teams with the people they serve for better care and healthier lives. Transcend Insights will be showcasing its new AaaS model and care management prototype within its HealthLogix platform and unified solution suite at the HIMSS17 Annual Conference and Exhibition in Orlando, Florida (booth #5549).
Care Management Application
Transcend Insights’ Care Management application will help health care organizations better coordinate and execute care plans for patients across an extended care team – including non-medical caregivers such as family members. The solution will also empower care managers to report on and address social factors that could influence a patient’s health outcome (such as access to transportation), all of which is captured in a single, common patient history to guide patient care coordination.
“With the acceleration of value-based care programs (including accountable care organizations), addressing breakdowns in information sharing and improving care plan adherence – particularly for patients with chronic conditions – is more critical than ever,” said Dr. Thomas J. Van Gilder, MD, JD, MPH, Chief Medical Officer and Vice President of Informatics and Analytics at Transcend Insights. “Seventy percent of medical errors are due to communication failures between providers, and 68 percent of specialists receive no information from referring primary care providers. Our Care Management solution will help solve this by coordinating across care plans and various members of the care team.”
Intersection of Innovation
At HIMSS17, Transcend Insights will also highlight its partner and customer ecosystem, the “Intersection of Innovation,” to demonstrate how its HealthLogix platform and population health management solutions support the end-to-end spectrum of health care delivery:
- Pharmacy: Humana Pharmacy Solutions®
- Humana Pharmacy Solutions partnered with Transcend Insights to help build an analytics engine called IntelligentRx to provide real-time clinical decision support for prescription drug benefits. When Humana members fill their prescription at the pharmacy, IntelligentRx performs analytics in real-time, identifying possible drug safety issues, suggesting cost-effective alternatives based on plan benefits, or overriding unnecessary prior authorizations.
- Payor: Humana Inc.
- Humana has transformed how it manages its member population with the integration of advanced analytics powered by the Anvita Engine and Transcend Insights’ HealthLogix HIE into the core functionality of its CareHub clinical ecosystem. Transcend Insights’ technology gathers medical record data from connected physicians and provides Humana with daily, evidence-based and actionable insights for its 14.2 million members; allowing Humana to improve health outcomes by identifying gaps in care, increasing targeted outreach, improving drug safety and maximizing Medicare and Medicaid compliance.
- Management Services Organization (MSO): Transcend MSO
- By leveraging Transcend Insights’ HealthLogix platform, Transcend MSO will be able to coordinate their data and operations around a single platform, while supplying their clinician networks with powerful analytic insights and actionable steps to improve value-based care. Ultimately, Transcend MSO will have access to population-level views into critical clinician metrics around utilization, risk, quality and more.
- Health System: Hardin Memorial Health
- In just one year of partnership with Transcend Insights, Hardin Memorial has been able to realize the core elements of a robust population health program: the integration of data from numerous Electronic Health Records, Continuity of Care Documents and claims sources, and the realization of both patient- and population-level views into system-wide health outcomes.
“We are looking forward to showcasing our platform and population health management solutions at HIMSS17 in Orlando,” said Kristin Russel, Vice President of Marketing and Product Strategy at Transcend Insights. “We are delivering on our vision to empower lifelong well-being with The Platform Above through advanced analytics, interoperable technology and ongoing innovations that provide value to clients across the continuum of care. By providing a faster, more efficient solution for deploying health care analytics, a care management application that will help health care organizations better coordinate care and a platform that allows for growth and innovation, we will enable better care and healthier lives.”
For more information about Transcend Insights’ new offerings, its HealthLogix platform and unified solution suite, please visit Transcend Insights at HIMSS17 (booth #5549).
About Transcend Insights
Transcend Insights® is a population health management company that is empowering lifelong well-being with The Platform Above. Our HealthLogix® technology platform and unified solution suite lives above the silos that keep people and information apart. By connecting the health care ecosystem with a plug-and-play platform, data-inclusive health information exchange and advanced analytics, we are helping health system executives, care teams and individuals achieve a more coordinated and proactive approach to care. In 2015, our enterprise analytics helped our partners identify over 58.4 million opportunities for care improvement and close more than 5.4 million gaps in care. By providing solutions and insights that connect care teams with the people they serve, we are enabling successful population health management for better care and healthier lives.
Transcend Insights is a wholly owned subsidiary of Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) and is located in San Diego and Campbell, Calif., in the heart of Silicon Valley. For more information, please visit www.transcendinsights.com, @Transcend_Care, and LinkedIn.
Transcend Insights (Public Relations)
Lena Mercer, 858-401-8519