Humana Takes a Bold Step Forward in Population Health with the Formation of Transcend and Transcend Insights.
- Transcend, a national organization strengthened by the integration of Metcare business, offers an extended suite of Management Services that helps physicians chart a course for population health
- Transcend Insights, created from the successful integration of Certify, Anvita Health and nliven, offers health care systems, physicians and care teams community-wide interoperability, real-time health care analytics and intuitive care tools to improve health outcomes
- Move reflects Humana’s successful population health results in the Medicare Advantage market
LOUISVILLE, Ky. & CAMPBELL, Calif. – Mar. 24, 2015 – As part of its continued strategic endeavor to help health care systems, physicians and care teams transition from fee-for-service to value-based reimbursement models, Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) announced today the formation of Transcend and Transcend Insights. With a mutually aligned goal to simplify population health, Transcend and Transcend Insights are focused on serving as trusted partners for health care systems, physicians and care teams, regardless of where they are in their population health journeys:
- Transcend – By leveraging the proven Metcare model as its foundation, Transcend provides resources in care coordination, financial risk management, clinical integration and patient engagement that help physicians improve the patient experience as well as care outcomes. Formerly known as the Humana Management Services Organization (MSO), Transcend meets practices where they are on the path to practicing value-based medicine. Transcend collaborates with physicians, medical groups and integrated delivery systems to successfully transition to value-based care by engaging, partnering and offering practical services and solutions.
- Transcend Insights – Represents the convergence of Humana subsidiaries Certify Data Systems, Anvita Health and nliven systems and brings more than three decades of combined experience in the health care information technology industry. Transcend Insights provides health care systems, physicians and care teams with advanced community-wide interoperability, real-time health care analytics and intuitive care tools to simplify the complexities of population health. These tools support health care organizations striving to improve the health of their populations, by enhancing the physician and patient experience and reducing costs. Certify and Anvita have established meaningful partnerships with hundreds of integrated health care systems. Today, through Transcend Insights’ technology, more than 17,000 physicians are connected across 590 hospitals.
“The launch of Transcend and Transcend Insights is reflective of Humana’s goal to improve the health of the communities we serve by making it easy for people to achieve their best health,” said Bruce Broussard, Humana’s President and Chief Executive Officer. “Transcend and Transcend Insights reflect the continued evolution of Humana’s Integrated Care Delivery model. As physicians continue on their population health journeys, Transcend and Transcend Insights are strategically positioned to serve as their trusted partners while meeting their evolving population health needs.”
Population Health Expertise Humana’s goal is to have 75 percent of its individual Medicare Advantage (MA) members covered under value-based relationships by 2017. The company’s investment strategy over the last few years has produced positive results in the form of stronger clinical models, enhanced brands focused on health, a consumer-centric approach, and industry-leading provider risk relationships. For example, Humana recently announced better quality, improved population health and lower costs results for one million Humana MA members. Humana’s exceptional results in population health, combined with the natural synergies of Humana, Transcend and Transcend Insights, is expected to provide health care systems, physicians and care teams with partners dedicated to simplifying population health through a physician-led, collaborative model.
“Moving more physicians towards value-based payment models is a proven strategy that increases clinical quality and patient satisfaction, and reduces medical costs,” said Patrick Adams, President of Transcend. “The Transcend leadership team has significant experience in population health. Through our first-hand knowledge in implementing successful integrated care solutions and proactive patient engagement strategies that support positive outcomes, Transcend is strategically positioned to help physicians spend more time with their patients and less time on the behind-the-scenes elements of population health.”
Transcend’s philosophy and approach were developed by a leadership team with significant, experience in population health, value-based reimbursement models, management services organizations, managed care, clinical practice and more. Transcend partners directly with physicians to improve patient health outcomes and create greater success for medical practices through a suite of population health management services, building on proven successes with specialty network care management, pharmacy management, clinical studies, and implementation and training. “Transcend Insights, through Certify, Anvita and nliven, has operated in the health care information technology industry by serving as a trusted partner to physicians and their care teams,” said Marc Willard, President of Transcend Insights and founder and former Chief Executive Officer of Certify.
“Health care systems are often challenged to integrate both interoperability and analytics components into their population health management strategies. The sophisticated data analysis capabilities of Transcend Insights, combined with its experience in connecting widely disparate electronic health record systems, support physicians and care teams with the real-time clinical insights necessary to simplify population health and improve health outcomes.”
Transcend Insights serves health care systems, physicians and care teams by leveraging actionable data to help improve patient care. The company’s commitment to helping people achieve their best health is reflected through its HealthLogix™ platform. Last year, Transcend Insights successfully identified more than 36 million opportunities for care improvement, including 557,000 opportunities to impact drug safety, and 2.3 million opportunities to increase medication adherence. Transcend Insights will demonstrate its HealthLogix platform and unveil new features of its mobile point of care solution at the HIMSS15 Annual Conference and Exhibition (Chicago, IL), April 12-16, 2015, at booth 2048. About Humana Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Ky., is a leading health and well-being company focused on making it easy for people to achieve their best health with clinical excellence through coordinated care. The company’s strategy integrates care delivery, the member experience, and clinical and consumer insights to encourage engagement, behavior change, proactive clinical outreach and wellness for the millions of people we serve across the country. More information regarding Humana is available to investors via the Investor Relations page of the company’s web site at www.humana.com, including copies of:
- Annual reports to stockholders;
- Securities and Exchange Commission filings;
- Most recent investor conference presentations;
- Quarterly earnings news releases;
- Replays of most recent earnings release conference calls;
- Calendar of events (including upcoming earnings conference call dates and times, as well as planned interaction with research analysts and institutional investors);
- Corporate Governance information.
About Transcend Transcend is a population health management company that meets practices where they are on the path to practicing value-based medicine. Transcend brings to life the value-based care model to achieve positive population health results and improve the operational health of physician practices. As the traditional reimbursement model transitions from volume to value, Transcend collaborates with physicians, medical groups and integrated delivery systems to successfully transition to value-based care by engaging, partnering and offering practical services and solutions. Through coordinated service offerings, Transcend provides physicians the support they need to become successful population health managers. Transcend is a wholly owned subsidiary of Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) and is located in Louisville, Ky. For more information, please visit https://www.transcendphm.com/.
About Transcend Insights Transcend Insights simplifies the complexities of population health through advanced community-wide interoperability, real-time health care analytics and intuitive care tools. The company’s HealthLogix™ platform provides health care systems, physicians and care teams with valuable clinical insights that enable more informed decisions at the point of care, enhance the patient experience and reduce costs. Fueled by the merging of three industry leaders – Certify Data Systems, Anvita Health and nliven systems – Transcend Insights has more than three decades combined of experience in the health care information technology industry. The company’s approach to simplify population health is reflected in its commitment to helping people achieve their best health. Transcend Insights is a wholly owned subsidiary of Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) and is headquartered in Campbell, Calif, in the heart of Silicon Valley, with an office in San Diego. For more information, please visit https://www.transcendinsights.com/.
### For More Information, Contact:
Alex Kepnes Humana Corporate Communications